Loved at Last Dog Rescue is a registered society, located in BC, Canada. We are a group of dog loving volunteers who are committed to assisting in the re-homing of local dogs and rescuing dogs from high kill countries around the world. LALDR does not profit from any adoption fees. We do not have a physical shelter.
The specific objectives and purpose of this organization are:
- To assist owners in re-homing their dog when they are no longer able to care for them.
- To educate people about the importance of adopting (versus buying) a dog.
- To educate people about street dogs and abused dogs, and to provide a network of support for dog owners.
- To save dogs in need and at risk whenever possible, especially in situations where there is the potential for unnecessary euthanasia.
- To educate people about spaying and neutering, and the importance of registering your pet’s microchip.
We thank you in advance for supporting Loved at Last. Donations can be given via Paypal, from our profile on Petfinder.com or by sending us an etransfer to [email protected]
All donations to LALDR are used to cover the costs of veterinarians, operations, special equipment such as prosthetic and wheelchairs, and to assist in transportation costs. We are all dog lovers and donate our time freely. LALDR has no paid staff and we do not profit from any donations or adoption fees. LALDR is a registered non-profit society.
Supporting Adopters & Dogs
Our hope is that every adoption is successful and dogs and people live happily ever after. As per our international adoption agreements, if you discover within the first two weeks (or at any time), it’s not going to be a good fit, we’ll work with you and repost the dog with a new profile and find a more suitable home. If you are adopting a local dog, once your application is approved, we encourage you to meet with the dog as many times as you can before making your decision. However, no matter what, the well-being of the dog is our top priority and if you aren’t happy, likely, the dog isn’t either. We will always take our dogs back. Keep in touch with our volunteers or email [email protected].
Adopters are also invited to join our private Facebook group to discuss and share stories about their pups with other adopters. Just send in a request via Facebook to join.
We are very active on Facebook and Instagram and encourage you to check out our social media sites.