Loved at Last has no paid staff and is run 100% by our volunteers – volunteers who are kind, caring, incredible, amazing people! They dedicate their time, energy and passion to our mission of finding homes for dogs in need. Without our volunteers, we would have no Loved at Last and we would not be able to rescue the hundreds of dogs that we rescue each year.
HOW MANY VOLUNTEERS DO YOU HAVE?
We have just over 100 semi-permanent volunteers who help with everything from running our Facebook page to keeping track of finances to screening applications. There are also approximately 100 on-call volunteers who do Home Checks and 50 on-call volunteer fosters who provide temporary homes to our dogs.
WHAT KIND OF VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE?
Because Loved at Last does not have a physical shelter, ALL of our volunteer positions are either promotional, administrative, tech, or research based (except for fostering of course!) We are always looking for new volunteers to help and there is always something to do!!
DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL SKILLS?
Nope. Help is needed in a variety of areas and training is provided. Having said that, if you have a specific area of interest or knowledge, let us know and we can help find you the right fit.
DO I NEED TO COMMIT TO A CERTAIN NUMBER OF HOURS?
Nope. We have some volunteers who donate an hour a week and others who donate … well … a lot of time! But how much you would like to commit is totally up to you and don’t worry, if you give us a number now, we won’t hold you to it if things change!
WHAT SPECIFIC POSITIONS DO YOU HAVE AVAILABLE?
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Event Coordinators – who can organize awareness and fundraising events in the local community
- Tehran Community Liaisons – who are fluent in Farsi who can connect with local Iranian community groups to help promote Flight Volunteers flying from Tehran to Vancouver
- Phone Interviewers – who can spend 15 mins on the phone with potential adopters to help clarify application questions
- Airport Greeters – who can meet adopters at the airport as their dogs arrive and assist with paperwork
- Adoption follow ups –who can check in with adopters after their adoption has been finalized to see how things are going
- We also have an ever changing variety of administrative, research and other support roles
Want to help right now?? We always need help promoting Flight Volunteers since this is the ONLY way our dogs can get to Vancouver. Feel free to download our posters below and distribute them on your social media. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the link to our Volunteer Registration form.